Monday, September 15, 2008

I'm here..I think

Whirl wind....I swear it was just Wednesday....but I think I forgot to pay attention, and now it's Monday. After 6 nights of going to bed well beyond what a normal person would consider reasonable, I think I might almost have the upper hand on that mess I called our bedroom last week. Now I'm working on the floor...tripping is getting a little dangerous, especially in the dark.

We had a weekend full of cub scouts, soccer, chores......stuff. Eric officially became a Tiger scout Friday night at his first 'official' pack meeting. He got his book and is ready to go! Oh boy, another shirt to negotiate getting patches onto, and I have to get new patches onto the boys' Webelo shirts which are new also. I guess I didn't learn my sewing very well in Girl Scouts since I usually ask my mom to help me! And that ususally means doing it all for me...thanks MOM! (I have actually sewn on a few patches myself though, I'm not not a total slacker)

Remember how excited we were last weekend when the boys won their first game? Well, they got beat this weekend, 4 to 0...but Eric's team won their game 5 to 4. My friend Robin also has a son on both teams and we were wondering if both teams would ever win on the same day!

Luke and Laurel went to both games, skipped naps, and had lots of fun. Here are a couple pictures of Laurel-she loves Robin's boys and one of them is giving her a piggy back ride in this picture

G and J's team (yes, that's one of mine with the apple in the mouth...)

Laurel decided to play hair salon and was brushing Aubrey's hair...she just sat their and never complained about the pulling and the yanking.

Go Eric Go!!

The weather here is beginning to change a bit-it's chillly in the mornings, enough so to pretty much consider putting jeans on for the day, but then it is still warm in the afternoon, enough so to consider getting out of the jeans that are now making me sweat. I'm tired of my summer clothes, so it's about time the weather changed!

I'm off to the grocery store......hopefully I'll be back before another 3 days to by! Have a great Monday.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Thanks for taking pictures of my kids! Jonathan enjoyed seeing pictures of himself on your blog.

The Wades said...

I cannot imagine throwing soccer into our lives. You are a trooper! Is it bad I'm also happy Garrett is no longer in cub scouts? Before you know it, the Wades will only sit on our bums staring at each other. I'll save a fortune on gas! ;)