Friday, September 19, 2008

Flashback Friday

I actually remembered this time! This whole table top is a flashback. I have always wanted a long type table to put against the wall when you first walk into our house, and I finally got one. It also doubles as backpack storage with 5 individual cubbies underneath. But that's not really the flashback part now, is it? I finally got around to filling some picture frames to put on the top of it!!

This set includes Gregory and Jacob nearly 9 years ago as we stuffed them feet first into pumpkins. Upper left is Gregory and Laurel, far right is Eric at about 4 months old...little baldy! The small gold frame is Luke wearing these silly ear muffs.The small picture in front is me my senior year in high school getting ready for a marching band competition, the one behind is from a couple years ago when we got all that snow right around New years, back left is of the boys on a boat at Lake Dillon in Colorado and back right is of the boys with Lobo Louie when they turned 4.And this, the biggest flashback, is of my Grandma Harris (my dad's mom). She passed away 11 months before Bill and I got married and there are times I sure wish she could have had the opportunity to meet her great grandchildren. She had a set of twins herself, my aunt and uncle, so I'm sure she was chuckling from heaven when ours arrived. How old do you think she is in this picture? Well, it was taken when she was in high school and only 15 years old. Doesn't she look so much older than that? I think it was taken around 1930. She had red hair and freckles, the only thing the black and white photo doesn't show.

So, happy flashback!

2 comments:

The Wades said...

i love these flasback posts. where is your new table? behind the front door? i'm trying to imagine.

I love the picture of Gregory and Jacob in pumpkins! :)

The Wades said...

i keep having a flashback to this particular post. ;)

just joshin' ya. i know you're busy. love