Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Ever had one of these moments?

So, last night we were getting the kids ready for bed and the phone rang. I went to see who it was and it was the assistant coach for Eric's team, so I let it go to voicemail since Bill didn't have time to talk right then. An hour later, Bill asks me 'how do you get the messages off the phone?' This should tell you a lot right there...I always get the messages off our phone, so Bill has only had to do it like once I think. Well, shoot, he could have just hit me with a 2X4 the way my brain stopped working.
'Uhhhmmm, gimme a minute, I don't remember'
"Ah, try pushing this and then that'...'oh, just give me the phone and I'll get it in a minute'

I took that phone and stared at it-I could not FOR THE LIFE OF ME remember how to get the messages off the phone. It was like the stupid switch got turned on in my brain. I tried 3 times to retrieve the message pushing the *, then the #.......I finally got it after 3 times....OH yeah-I need to do this first. I felt like such a dummy and I bet if he hadn't asked me how to do it, I could have told him in 2 seconds flat! It's one of those tasks you really never have to talk anyone through.......hmm, maybe I better write it down in case it happens again! Now I know how it must feel to get old!!!

So, a word to the wise, if you are the only one who gets the messages off your phone, better have a plan in case your brain goes MIA!!

1 comment:

The Wades said...

Thanks for the advice. I am always the one to get the messages off. I better type something up. :) And BTW, this problem only gets worse!