Thursday, August 14, 2008

Whew!!!

OK-we can almost breathe a sigh of relief..

Teacher conferences for the older boys...done
Work week at the preschool...nearly done
Meet the children that will be in my preschool class....done
Soccer meeting....done

This is a week I'll be glad to be over with, but it should end on a high note. My good friend Tiffany, whom I have known since the 6th grade...we were BFF in mid school and stayed good friends all these years, is having a birthday bash tomorrow night. They are doing a 'drive in' movie night (without cars), bonfire and bbq. She just informed me that people from our past will be there. My 'date' to the 8th grade dance (who didn't speak to me for weeks because I wasn't allowed to go out to dinner with a group or ice cream after) and Ted...Ted, Ted, Ted....I'm not sure how much a 7th/8th graders heart can 'love', but oh, in the days, I really liked Ted. And he liked me too (at least I think so!), so thankfully it wasn't one of those stalker, crazy girl kind of crushes...but I haven't seen him in years!! So here I am, a 33 year old wife and mother and I'm getting nervous about seeing boys from 20 years ago! I said to Tiffany 'so I guess you're telling me to not show up in my junky clothes?!' Ah, well, it should be fun. I'll have to try and dig out an 8th grade dance picture for Flashback Friday...for sure one of Tif and I.

So wish me luck and hopefully I won't turn into some babbling idiot. Bill is sure to give me a hard time about this post.....

1 comment:

The Wades said...

Shame on you! You're a married woman! ;)