Well, if you've never played music before, maybe your answer would be no, but for all of us 'band geeks' (no matter HOW old we are now!!), this is a fantastic example of showmanship and talent....as I mentioned in the last post, the boys and I went to a drum and bugle corp competition last night. We met our friends at dinner and we all went (same friends we shared the 4th with). Their older son plays sax and is getting ready to start high school and marching band. Their middle son plays the drums. We were all so excited!!! We were also very lucky that a huge thunderstorm managed to pass to the south of where we were, so all ponchos and umbrellas remained safely stowed! We arrived about an hour ahead of time...the kids were pretty restless by the time it finally started....well worth the wait!


The following clips are from either the Blue Knights, Santa Clara Van Guard, or the Cavaliers (who placed first in the competition)
These little videos really don't do justice to the sound and the power with which these musicians play! It gives you goose bumps when this wall of sound comes at you (also known as an audience push)......hope you enjoy!!
4 comments:
one time, at band camp...
:) fun.
I just watched the videos--very impressive! I wish I could play an instrument.
Tyler is going to love seeing these videos! Thanks for sharing!
Janet
I've always wanted to go see one of those competitions, so thanks for sharing the videos ~ I got chills just from watching those few short clips, so I can only imagine how awesome it would be to hear it in person!
Post a Comment