Any of you Laurie Berkner band fans? No? Well, that title is from one of her songs. I know, you wish you could hear it, don't you? The things you people are missing! Anyway, on to the post. L, L and E started swimming lessons today. They all got in the water willingly (I was worried about Luke not wanting to go in unless I did, but he followed Laurel in without fail) and had fun too. Eric is now in the 'deeper' end ( I think it's 3 &1/2 feet deep at the edge) and will hopefully learn some strokes.
L and L are basically in the 'play and have fun while we teach you skills in the water' class. They'll go every morning for 2 weeks.
Tonight I took the older 3 to see a drum and bugle corp competition. 5 drum corps traveled through town and it was a fantastic show!!! We got to see the Madison Scouts, the Cavaliers, the Santa Clara Van Guard, the Blue Knights and the Academy. Sure brings back such great memories of marching band (not like we ever looked or sounded that good!!), traveling in buses and the excitement of watching other bands perform. And of course those memories of meeting my one and only Bill....awh, how sweet.....I'll post some pictures/videos tomorrow
I hope a few of the kids will take interest in music and band-it'll give us the perfect reason to sit around and reminisce some more. It is such a gratifying feeling to perform to the best of your abilities and know that you are providing enjoyment for others...well, if the job is done right, there is enjoyment. If it isn't, it's just plain ol' torture!!
1 comment:
I love Laurie Berkner! Do you know Smile? She has lots of great songs.
Gotta love Corrales swimming lessons.
Post a Comment