Thursday, June 12, 2008

On the road again

We head out tomorrow morning, following the scenic Highway 101 along the coast down towards the Redwood forest in California. Our last day was busy...we checked out the local light house (which there was a long line to wait in to go to the top...we didn't wait), then spent the afternoon on the beach. Yep, our diehard, gotta get our feet wet no matter how cold you tell us that water is, children put on flip flops, swim trunks and ran full throttle into the nearest puddle of water (there are lots of tide pools in the area we are staying). Guess how long 'just' their feet were wet? Oh, umm, maybe 5 minutes...then it went to the shins, the bottom of the swim trunks and then, oh heck, they were pretty much WET...in the freezing cold. What kind of parents are we, right? The logical consequences kind-ok, if you don't believe us, go ahead and get wet, then you'll see...WE WERE RIGHT! Laurel and Luke did not go in swim wear but they ended up nearly as wet after a couple of clutzy falls while dodging the waves. Who knew I'd need to do 2 loads of laundry the day before we left..not me since it was all packed! As if that wasn't enough work,then we took them to the pool-what better way to get the salt water off, right?

Needless to say, they were all asleep by 8:15. I'll post pictures tomorrow night hopefully.....if I don't help haul some stuff down to the car, Bill might confiscate my computer :-).....

1 comment:

The Wades said...

Ugh. Doesn't sound fun--the laundry that is. I bet it all made for some great pictures.

I really enjoyed your "clutzy fall" line. Poetic. We are also about logical consequences. That'll learn 'em!