Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Odds and ends wrap up

Aren't you tired of this yet? This is just a collection of weird stuff I didn't have enough of to post at the time....now there's a bunch and worth the time to post!

So, this is a starfish...in case you didn't know...really.....Seriously though, these were everywhere at the beach in Newport..yellow, red, orange-pretty neat!
And this is a huge airplane engine, courtesy of the Boeing museum....and photography courtesy of G!Seeing these trucks on the road was very common in Washington and Oregon-amazing amounts of lumber being moved around-the logs were enormous!

This one is for my friend Michelle and her little boy Grant. As we were passing through a quaint little town off the 101, I spied this restaurant and the big ol' sign and had to snap a picture for her. Hope you like it Michelle!!!The red mustang, oooh, the red mustang. While in Portland, Bill had to work a few days and since we were staying nearly 60-70 minutes away from the worksite, he rented a car so I could still get around with our car. Now this car had precisely 5 miles on the odometer....brand spankin' new car. The kids were more excited over that car than anything they had seen up to that point. They all got a turn in it, even if it was just driving from our condo to the clubhouse. So, if you ever want to thrill your kids, don't drive a thousand miles from home, just rent a car!! Please, learn from our experience.... Yep, freezing cold, they are wearing jackets..and the TOP is down. Okee-dokee..I'm glad I had the warm car to drive in!

I got this book on Mother's Day, '1003 Great Things About Mom's', so I thought I'd try to include a line every now and then......'Mothers know when to give you Tylenol, and when to give you Motrin..and when you need Advil...or Valium'

3 comments:

Robin said...

Nice car!!! I bet Bill's favorite part of the vacation was when he got to drive to work in that by himself!

The Wades said...

Ahh, Grant's. That was so sweet and thoughtful of you. I love it! :)

Bill sure a fancy rental! Boy howdy, he knew how to do it right!

The Wades said...

LOVE your new header! Great picture.