Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Yo! Smetty!!

Oh, sorry, I meant Yosemite!! Have to thank G for that one! Had a great time at the lake this weekend...fun news to share from that but I'm going to finish what I started......so, the last place we stopped at was Yosemite National Park.....but first we drove over the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco and then made a stop at our all time favorite place...IKEA!!!! Had to take a picture while we were there (just for you Janet!!).
Then on to Yosemite-we thought we'd make a brief stop at Bridal Veil falls, then on to Yosemite falls....umm, our stop ended up taking over 4 hours, but the views were most definitely worth it (even if we did get into Vegas at midnight!!) The first place we pulled over was for the trail to Bridal Veil Falls......amazing view of El Capitan in the background!! Luke decided this was NOT a kodak moment and was not a participant in a few of the photos, but he came around.


Happy Father's Day.....he got to go to Yosemite..boy are we thoughtful or what, and he even got to drive!!

A nice lady stopped and took our picture near the falls...we didn't hike very close like we did at Multnomah in Oregon...After Bridal Veil it was lunch and some discussion on whether we should go to the visitor center. Our shopaholic son G asked 'Is there a gift shop there?' He'll shop ANYWHERE...even at gas stations..I think it's a disease.....



Anyhow, we went to the center, rode a bus to Yosemite Falls, rode another bus, got off the right bus to wait for the wrong bus and then decided to hoof it to the car ourselves (me at a rather stompy pace because it was nearly 4pm and I knew we had a LONG WAY TO GO!!!), each with a 3 year old on our shoulders and 3 boys trying to keep up!! We did get some great pictures along with the craziness-and that's more important that parental stompiness anyday!



Bill got this great view of Half Dome...

So, you've pretty much seen everything we have. If you ever get the chance to vacation on the west coast, you won't be disappointed. There are so many trails and nature hikes and tons more impressive things to see. We know we'll go back in a few years if we can, that's for sure!!


Sorry, but after one more odds and ends vacation post, it's back to everyday Barry life..laughing, chasing, catching, crying, arguing, eating, snacking, swimming, and last but not least, mess making!! See you soon....lake update coming next!

1 comment:

The Wades said...

I left a comment here yesterday, but I guess it didn't take.

I was saying you have made me crave a west coast vacation!