Monday, June 9, 2008

Dodging the waves, collecting of parts

We went down to the beach again last night-still a perfectly clear sky. We tried flying kites again and the kids all enjoyed the 'dodge the wave' game. Unfortunately only Luke's boots are waterproof, so on a daily basis the outside of our condo looks a little like a chinese laundromat with shoes, socks and wet jeans attempting to dry!

Today it was rainy, basically 'spitty' since that is what it seemed most like, a nice layer of spit! We went to the aquarium in Newport-they had several touch pools that the kids all enjoyed, even Luke when he got over being chicken!!

Later in the day while L and L napped, G, J and I walked down to the beach and they had fun treasure hunting...by treasure hunting I mean collecting as many crab parts they could find.....and no, this is not a pile of Indiana Jones used whips, it's a pile of seaweed...weird, I know!

We found this neat area with rocks that formed a little cave, and as the picture below shows, the boys hit the jackpot with their treasure finds...


And tonight, we all watched Goonies, since we will be visiting Canon Beach Wednesday....what an 80's movie, yet it is still just as good as it was way back then...Good Night!!

2 comments:

auntiek said...

Thanks for sharing your vacation with us. The scenery is gorgeous and you all look so happy. What great memories the kids are going to have. I LOVE the pictures and your comments are hysterical. I think you received the same gift for writing as your cousin Julie.

The Wades said...

That picture of Gregory and Jacob is beyond excellent! I hope that will make it to your wall soon.

Garrett would be so jealous if he saw all those crab parts. That right there is good times, I don't care who you are!