Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Harder than it looks

Well, last night was our year end soccer party, which included a pizza party/trophy hand out/parent soccer game. Let's just say that after 5 minutes into our 10 minute half, my chest was on fire...I don't think I have run that hard since, umm, let's see, high school gym class? Obviously, in shape are not 2 words to use describe me! The parents had fun, some of them were a little competetive I have to say, and I almost scored a goal, doesn't that count? Our kids were supposed to be cheering us on from the sidelines...that lasted about 3 minutes and then the playground had more appeal than the parents!

Yes, that would be me in the white shirt...poetry in motion, right? I managed to kick my friend Robin on the top of her foot...she said 'that'll leave a bruise!'...I told her next time if she just moved and let me score there wouldn't be any issues like that :-)!!The kids formed a 'tunnel' for us to run through at the end of the game (we do this at the end of every game, give high fives and encouraging words) but we mostly crawled through it since the tunel was a little short!

Our little cone collector!

Have a great day, check back later for birthday time! Today is Gregory and Jacob's 9th birthday.......my how time flies....sniff....

2 comments:

Robin said...

I do have a little bruise, but I'll live!

The Wades said...

Poor Robin! Cari, you should be more careful. ;)

Happy Bday, Gregory and Jacob! Wow--time really does fly! I guess that means Brooke is also almost nine! Doesn't it seem like we were just sitting in child birth classes last year?