Saturday, May 10, 2008

Bill's Day from H-E-Double hockey Stick!!

So, Bill's flight left ABQ at 10:50 am yesterday, putting him on his way to Israel.. he had to make a connection in Houston, and then onto Newark....all went well until the last flight. He was supposed to leave Newark at 10:50pm but didn't ACTUALLY leave until 4am!! I felt so bad for him, sitting in Newark from 8:30pm until 4am!!! He landed in Tel Aviv not too long ago and it is 11;15pm there (they are 9 hours ahead). He slept about 4 hours on the plane, making sure he'd be tired when he got to his hotel...umm, I'm bettin' he is tired! And so the week begins.....

This afternoon, the kids went to a birthday party. Our good friends Max and Michelle are starting up a youth horse ranch in Rio Rancho (they have come so far, it is amazing!) and they had their daughter's party there. The kids LOVE it there...what could be better than dirt, hills, horses and adventure as far as the eye can see? Yep, well, I don't love it so much...although I'd go any day for Max and Michelle! Today unfortunately had to be one of the more windy days we have had, and without another adult...(that would be Bill!!)....my tolerance for the dirt, wind and rounding of kids was relatively low....perhaps non-exsistent? We didn't stay very long and I felt bad for leaving early...I did however manage to snap a few pictures














Just to give you a frame of reference, those little dots in the picture above...2 of them are G and J, along with Michelle' s oldest son and another friend, searching for lizards and other things I don't want to know the specifics about.....

L and L...off they go, into the wild blue yonder!!

Laurel...she's throwin' a horse shoe!!






Team shoe throwing! They loved throwing the shoes, but even more they loved picking out some prizes!

Hope the wind dies down soon......this type of dermabrasion isn't working! Have a great Saturday.....

If you want see a great testament of community and friends supporting each other, visit Max and Michelle's blog where you can see all the wonderful things they are doing to make

Galloping Grace Youth Ranch a big success!!

http://www.gallopinggraceyouthranch.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

The Wades said...

Cari,

Please don't feel bad AT ALL. It was so nasty windy out there. We understand completely! You'll have to come back out when the weather is nicer and you have reinforcements!

Sorry for Bill. Glad he got there safely.