Thursday, April 24, 2008

I guess it had to happen...

With 5 kids, I suppose the odds were against us and the day was bound to come when it happened. And it did, today, well actually last night according to little sister. After 5 kids, we have arrived in the land of cruise control...
'oh, he'll be fine, yes I know he's bleeding, but it will stop'...'
'quit jumping on the couch like that, you're going to fall off...see, I told you, I'm sure it does hurt, now don't do it again!'.....
'don't put that in your mouth again or I'll take it' and actually believing him when he said 'okay'....

Well, Luke put it in his mouth one time more than we knew and he swallowed it. What was it? A pokemon necklace charm, oh between the size of a nickel and quarter. Did I know he swallowed it? Not until I endured a night of him moaning and groaning that his stomach hurt, expecting at any minute to be catching throw up with anything I could grab in the dark, sleeping on the floor after I finally got tired of sprinting down the hall for another false alarm...oh no, not until this morning when Laurel said 'Wukee swawwowed da Pokemon thing'

'Luke, did you swallow that?'
'Uh-huh'
'Are you sure'
'Uh-huh'....great.....

So after having a less than stellar appetite for both breakfast and lunch, which if you know Luke you know that is NOT NORMAL (although he did still ask for a snack!), we are on the way to the doctor's office to see where exactly said Pokemon charm might be lingering. All I can say is I'm glad this is the first time I've had to do this!! I'll let you know what we find out :-) ....oh, and Eric just wailed away about it this morning, he was so sad-but not for Luke, oh no, he was upset because the Pokemon charm 'was so special' to him and he wanted it back!! Let's not go there, shall we?

1 comment:

The Wades said...

OH my goodness! What a bummer!

Do you want to know where my mind goes with this story? "Poor Cari having to put up with that all night." Pathetic, huh? I guess I should worry more about the children. I just put myself in your shoes and cringe! Love ya