There have been many times I have toyed with the thought of abandoning the blog all together. It seems to be the trend these days...streamline, cut down to fewer social media outlets, simplify life. Yes, anything to simplify our life would be a welcome event. But abandoning the blog isn't the right thing for me to do. How do I know that and why am I even going to attempt to start back up with posts? Because a couple of months ago I caught Luke skimming through one of the books I had printed from the blog and he was so happy 'remembering' some of the things I posted about and laughing at some of the silly photos. This blog is about posterity, not about how many people read it. At the rate our family is moving these days, if I don't write it down somewhere, it WILL be forgotten.
And so, despite the fact that my house is messier and dirtier than I even care to think about; despite the fact that there are probably 5 loads of laundry I could be folding..or washing..or drying..or hanging up to dry...I am going to try and be better about helping our kids remember what our life was really like by sitting down at the computer more regularly and telling it like it is. The good, the bad, the ugly, the incredible, the joyous, the not so joyous, the amazing, and the 'I can't believe this just happened' moments.......
If only my laptop could be magically fixed, it sure would make things easier! We are having some major laptop issues with mine being completely inaccessible at the moment. Can't access old photos, can't upload new ones...so I've borrowed one of the boys' laptops and my fingers are crossed my computer woes will soon be just another memory!
No comments:
Post a Comment