Saturday, September 22, 2012

On My Honor......

On my honor
I will try
to serve God and my country
to help people at all times
and to live by the Girl Scout Law

I had to reach far back in the recesses of the brain and dust off some cobwebs to remember that one all by myself, but I did, thanks to years of practice...years ago.  And now, Laurel is getting the opportunity to create her own long lasting girl scout memories.  As of last week, she is now officially a Girl Scout Brownie!  And let me say, she is thrilled beyond measure that there is another word in our house attached to scouts other than BOY!!! 

We headed off to her investiture ceremony and she was all smiles, grinning from ear to ear-
The new school the kids attend doesn't have a girl scout troop, but luckily their old school does and it's filled with nice girls and moms that we know and love! 

After reaching the bridge, the girls each spoke a part in the ceremony and then they gathered together for the traditional Make New Friends song
 and then she waited for her name to be called to be welcomed into the troop.....she totally was not excited, can you tell??
and then there were group pictures and mom and me pictures......

30 years ago, in 1982, I participated in my investiture day and I have so many really fun memories of all the great events and camps I went to as a scout...thanks Mom!!  I hope Laurel loves it as much as I did and though she may not realize it now, that she stores away those memories to revisit 30 years down the road!

No comments: