Friday, September 14, 2012

A moment frozen in time

There are mornings that I never make it back to my kids' rooms once they are all up.  I always intend to go check things out, turn off the fans, call to the occupants whose bedroom lights are turning the electric meter unnecessarily, and of course shudder and give myself a pep talk if I have to actually walk into one of their rooms in particular.....13yearoldsImjustsayin.

Some days, I get back to that part of the house about 10.....some days, I never do until bedtime, it all depends on the busyness and after school activities that keep me moving.  I took these pictures a few days ago.  It just struck me that some day, their rooms will very rarely change and will be empty of so many, if not all, of these things.  Their rooms will look the same way at the end of the night as they did at the beginning of the day, because they won't be living here anymore.  So what better way to commemorate the messiness that 'was',  than to take a snapshot. Or 2.  Or 25.

 the 13 year olds' room-
 Some recently earned merit badges and the always-within-armpit-reach deodorant
This is G's 'collection', the thing he has to buy everyplace we go......a new hat. 
 A fishing rod in process of being fiddled with or shall I say 'worked on'? Or maybe it's just there because G was too lazy to put it away...hmmm, that's a tough one to call.
Book shelves in decent condition
 'the shelf' that is only touched for the sole purpose of adding more stuff to it.  This has G's name written all over it.
The top of a dresser, littered with Lego's and transformers.  I think.
 The 13 year olds' bathroom counter cluttered with stuff to help them look good and smell even better!
 On to E and L's room......book book here, book book there, here a book, there a book....
And Lego's too.....
And some soccer gear, ready for practice.....
And then to Laurel's room-Cassie and McKenna, the ladies in waiting enjoy a snooze on her bed-
Her night stand and books we are in process of reading.....except Junie B, not reading those! Usually there's a Little House book on stand by, wonder where it was on this day?
and an I love you doodle.....
These moments, these images, are fleeting.  All but a snapshot in their busy lives. By the end of this particular day, things were picked up and moved around and put down somewhere else. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful snapshots of true life in five young peoples lives. As you say, someday this won't be there and you will yearn for it. These rooms look pretty neat to me and speak volumes to how organized and educated these five blessings are. Keep up the FABULOUS job!!