Sunday, January 1, 2012

Minute To Win It on New Year's Eve!

Hah, imagine that, I have completely glossed over everything between December 18th and today.  Guess my long forgotten Flash Back Friday's will need to make a new, more frequent appearance this year!  To start off the New Year on new footing, I'll go with what we did last night to celebrate the arrival of 2012.

Tradition typically puts us right here at home, watching some movie, playing some game and devouring our New Year's Eve banana splits.  This year, for the first time in maybe ever, we were invited to a New Year's Eve party at a friend's house. Homemade, made to order pizzas, homemade yummy cheesecake and cheesecake brownies, continuous flowing lemonade, and some crrrrazy minute to win it games for the adults to play while the kids stood by and laughed at us like we were out of our minds! ('well Luke, I told you this year was too much for mom and dad to handle, they've officially lost their minds!')

Our host and friend, James, and his wife Christa put a bunch of challenges together that had been performed on the once popular show 'Minute To Win It'.  When my turn arrived, I had to unroll a roll of toilet paper around myself without using my hands.....Note * many unflattering pictures to follow*

 Boy howdy, I have not been that dizzy in a very long time but thankfully the pizza and dessert stayed where it was supposed to...in my stomach!  I did it with more than enough time to spare and without tearing the paper along the way-
Bill's turn-he had to hang 6 nails on a string, held by Laurel, and once all 6 were in place they had to stay there for at least 3 seconds.....mission accomplished!
 My last challenge......put an Oreo on my forehead and use my face muscles to get it into my mouth.  WHAT?!  Face muscles?  I think there must be some exercise I haven't heard about because my face muscles failed me!  But it was pretty hilarious trying it!
 Bill's last turn-he had to put pencils in groups of two, adding two each time, on the back of his hand and then drop and catch them with the same hand. The goal was to catch 12 pencils at the same time within the 60 seconds....he got close with 10 but didn't make 12.
The kids tried out a few of the games after we had laughed ourselves silly. 
 We toasted the New Year at 10pm......the little people could have cared less that it wasn't actually midnight..they were just happy to clink their kid friendly fizzy drinks with all of us standing around. 
 G and J spent the night with their friend (and went to bed WAAAAAY past our 1:30am bedtime!) and we headed out the door at 10:15.  E, L and L got the message to sleep in....average wake up time was 8:30-9:00am, but the four legged 6 month old alarm clock named Ruby had no problem waking us up at 6:30 am after our 1:30am bedtime!  Darn dog and her schedule!  I do believe everyone will be going to bed quite early tonight!

Tonight we'll enjoy our banana splits and then have one more day off before it's back to schedules, backpacks, lunch packing and getting up on time.  It has been a pretty relaxing 2 weeks with just being home bodies but I am ready for the kids to be back in school, the bickering to stop and the ability to accomplish more than one task a day to return.  I'm afraid if I don't get a handle on the laundry room I'll never get caught up!

2012, we're ready for you and all the adventures await us this year!!

2 comments:

Carrie Mueller said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrie Mueller said...

I Love It!!!! What a great night of fun! Happy New Year!