In passing I mentioned to Bill this year (after my birthday) that we really do need to try and make a bigger deal of our birthdays, if for no other reason than to teach our kids to be excited for birthdays other than their own. Over the years, it's fair to say Bill and I have gotten more complacent in terms of making it a special day for each other...or anything more than an ordinary day, I should say. Not that we need parties or big surprises....but something to make it more special than every other day would be nice. I get kind of cranky cooking and cleaning up the mess on my own birthday! Now, in his defense, we did go out to dinner the weekend before to celebrate!
This year was the same as years past.......however, my parents helped to make it bit more than ordinary. I got my own cake and a mini personal concert!
Gregory and Jacob figured out how to play Happy Birthday on their instruments, all by themselves! It was sweet and put a smile on my face at the end of the day.
No matter how old your kids are, parents have to always think ahead!! Thanks Mom and Dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment