Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The schedule...ahh, the schedule. Do I love it or not love it?

It's that time of year again.  Surely we just left it not that long ago.  It's that time of year when our lives begin to revolve around a pretty demanding schedule and it has the potential to turn us into raving lunatics, bad chefs and wiped out parents.  The return of Fall, sports, school, school events, school fundraisers, school newsletters, and all the extra curricular stuff that goes with it.  The last couple of weeks were the lull before the storm and boy, is that storm ever on the approaching horizon!  I do have to admit that I actually do like this time of year as the cooler weather approaches and the events that surround harvest and fall, especially in this rural setting we live in.  The corn maze is almost ready for floods of people to tromp through, the smell of green chili being roasted fills the air and when we get up at the crack of dawn, there is the hint of coolness in the air.

I have to capture this so years from now we can realize that we were already certifiably crazy at an early age and that it didn't just happen overnight.  Also, to prove to our children that we really did encourage them in a variety of ways.  I'm just sure that's a topic of conversation some years down the road.  So this is it in all its double edged glory:

Monday: Soccer, PTA board meeting once a month, Library Guild meeting once a month
Tuesday: Soccer, Boy Scouts
Wednesday: Soccer
Thursday: music lesson for one child, Cub Scouts
Friday: Robotics, occasional Cub Scout pack meeting
Saturday: AJO (orchestra) 9-12 for G and J, 3 soccer games between E, L and L, some more robotics or potentially some soccer reffing by the boys, or some scouting events.
Sunday: music lesson for the other child.
*I owe my parents a big thank you as they often times help pick up the slack and deliver one child to music lessons and watch over others as we jump from event to event*
And of course there are so many other things that fill in the rest of the available minutes.  My mom said she thinks I'm busier now without teaching preschool than I was when I did teach preschool! When soccer season ends we feel so liberated and FREE!!  It's the best feeling ever!  Although I do have to say that all the kids, the 3 youngers, were really excited to go back to soccer practice and see their friends.  That makes a world of difference.  Bill is no longer coaching Eric's team, so that frees up some of his time, although now he wants to watch the whole practice...umm, isn't that counter productive honey?  But he is still an assistant scoutmaster for the Boy Scout troop and Pack master for the Cub Scout pack and soccer coach for Luke's team......it's a miracle I still see him in the evenings! And I feel like such a slacker...all my stuff just happens during the day. We have adopted late nights and early mornings, pretty much burning the candle at both ends.  And ya know, I think now is the perfect time to add interrupted nights of sleep to the list of our fall endeavours......this sweet face (actually, the sister of this little guy) will be joining our house soon. 
Never boring around here......never. I have one last NYC post to take care of and after looking through the pictures we took that day it makes me miss the time we spent there.  Our last day was crammed full of NYC memories.....be prepared, LOTS of pictures!

1 comment:

Robin said...

I've been wondering if you were still getting a puppy. When does she come home?