Day 25
Sunday June 19th
Happy Father’s Day! What a lucky dad, he got to enjoy his morning in bed! Well, then again, it was a hotel bed and it was only because it was the only place that everyone could find space to sit on……..
Laurel and Luke had made Bill's Father’s Day gifts in kindergarten and Laurel could not wait to give it to him. She asked me no less than 50 times from the day we left home ‘Mom, is it father’s day yet?, Mom, when is is going to be Father’s Day? Mom, you still have dad’s present right?’ She’d lean over and whisper the questions at the weirdest times but it was sure sweet that she was so anxious to give it to him. Luke randomly remembered as well. They made key chains for him (that I failed to get a picture of!)
I had purchased cards for Bill before we left home, but remembering to get them out of the suitcase and passed around to the kids to sign was another trick. I think it took about 2 days to stealthily pass it between, planned around stops at gas stations when Bill wasn’t in the car! I told him his gift was being able to travel with all his lovely children……although as time has passed, I’m not sure that was such a thoughtful gift!!!
After loving on their dad, we packed it in and got ready to drive to Williamsburg, Virginia. On tap for the week, spending time with my brother, sister in law, nieces and nephew at Busch Gardens, Water Park USA and Colonial Williamsburg. We purchased bounce passes that allowed us unlimited access to the parks for 7 days. First we stopped at Wal-Mart (later in the trip I came to really appreciate this particular Wal-Mart) and while I shopped, Bill took the kids to a Burger King and they got their $1 icees. Laurel was finally able to have one-one happy girl!
This was the first time for the cousins to meet and it took about 45 seconds before they were running around like old friends and acting goofy! We ate a quick dinner of spaghetti, corn and bread-not too fancy for Father’s Day, but the kids were full and happy! Laurel was SO happy to have Sophia to buddy up with!
We ended the evening with plans to head to Busch Gardens in the morning. Look out Busch Gardens, you don’t know what you’re in for!
No comments:
Post a Comment