Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 8: heat, humidity and Hollywood Studios

Another day of being on time!!  Yeah for us, 3 days in a row!!
We knew as soon as the gates opened at Hollywood Studios that we would need to make an all out sprint to the most popular ride at the park-Toy Story Mania 3-D. The line runs over 60 minutes nearly the entire day and fast passes for the whole day are usually gone by 11am.


Once we assumed our position in line to get in the gates the boys made a plan to run ahead to the ride and pull fast passes. We caught up with them, fast passes in hand and dove into the stand by line to ride it once without our passes. We only had to wait about 20 minutes and as far as wait times go for that line (upwards of 90+ minutes), that was fantastic!  It allowed us to ride the ride 2 more times with fast passes.....


The other best ride of the day? Bill wore the appropriate shirt for it....Chewbacca
The revamped Star Tours 3-D ride! 3 different sequences, C3PO as the pilot and a pretty awesome opening Darth Vader sequence. We got lucky and were able to ride it twice.
Jacob, Eric and I attempted to ride the Aerosmith Rockin rollercoaster but the fast passes were gone and the standby line was 90 minutes…….people are CRAZY for standing in line that long! Crazy I tell ya’! We decided we’d just go through the single rider line and at least have the chance to ride it individually. The 3 of us got through the line in less than 15 minutes and as luck would have it, Eric and I ended up riding together!
Tradition…can’t forget tradition…..what’s Disney without some crazy hats?



I did have one bad disney patron moment......as we got at the end of the line to see Eeyore, the ONLY character we wanted to really see since Eric loves Eeyore and he brought his Eeyore ears from home, the cast member told us that we couldn't get in the line because Eeyore would be going inside.  I asked when he'd be back out....she told me he was going to another park but there were lots of OTHER characters out there.  I told her this was the only character he wanted to see and I stomped off, I think I rolled my eyes too......yeah, I was having a moment (this was day 2 afterall!!).  I got lucky and snapped this picture as Eeyore was leaving.  He saw Eric had the ears on and was kind enough to come over and show him some love.  I was so excited I yelled 'I got it, I got it!!'  I'm sure the guy inside Eeyore was rolling his eyes, but oh well, Eric was thrilled!  I'll have to get handy with photo editing software to edit the extras out!!
The day was VERY hot and of course, humid. We made our way to find seats for Fantasmic and then sat for 45 minutes…..not so fun with bouncing off the walls kids, but sit and wait we did. By the time the day was over, Bill and I both came to the conclusion we are Disney’d out and we won’t be going back anytime soon.

 As a shout out to our older boys, I have to say that they did a wonderful job helping push strollers and carry snacks and water in their camelbacks. Jacob towed the line and was our go to stroller pusher…….he willingly pushed one around 4 days in a row and it was so helpful!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Note from Nana - I don't think I could have done all you have done! The lines sound horrible. But I am so glad to hear everyone is helping MOM AND DAD out! Laurel looks so cute in her 'mouse veil'. You will all remember this, the good and crazy, the rest of your lives. It will get better now - no more lines to rides, just to buildings!