Today we were off to Universal Studios. Eric decided today was going to be the day he got on a roller coaster, and my-oh-my did he pick a doozy! The one he picked basically had us start off looking directly up at the sky, on our backs, as we were pulled up a massive hill……I asked him several times ‘are you SURE?’ He stuck with his decision and even chose to be brave and ride with Auntie April!
The end result? He LOVED it and immediately wanted to turn around and ride it again! The day end ride tally for the roller coaster? 3. And it looks like loops, drops and fast speeds don’t scare him anymore!
We rode the Jaws ride too......our kids have no clue what that movie is about, but had fun on ride anyways!
While Eric riding a big deal roller coaster was certainly an exciting point of the day, I’d have to say that the BIGGEST highlight of the day was a visit with Barney. Yep, you read that right, Barney. And I’m talkin’ the big talking purple and green dinosaur named Barney. The dinosaur that Bill can do a spot on impersonation of. The dinosaur that makes Gregory roll his eyes and say ‘Daaaaad’ when Bill really gets going. Yep, Bill had a really fun day goading the kids about seeing the ‘Live and in person’ Barney show!! It was ALL worth it and will be a fun memory of our day at Universal. The gift shop was enough to get Bill started!
Let alone all the Barney and friends goodies inside!This is him saying 'this is SOO cute' of course he's being the best actor I've ever seen in our family!! I think it was mostly just to annoy the kids, especially Gregory.....it's so easy to do at their age!
Laurel actually had a pretty darn good time dancing around during the show and despite the crossed arms, eye rolls, and pre-teen feet dragging, the boys smiled and laughed at it all.
We finished the day out with another stop in at Island of Adventure’s Harry Potter land and another round of Butter Beer……what can I say, that stuff is good! Besides, Jacob and I earned $5 Universal bucks each by participating in a food survey, so we paid for the Butter Beer!
Laurel and Luke loved the Hippogriff roller coaster and I think we rode it no less than 10 times-
We were so fortunate that April was able to get us in to the park with her passes and that she was able to hang out with our crazy family for 2 days. I know they are a lot to take and she was pulled in all directions (you know, sit by me Auntie April, no, sit by ME Auntie April, I call sitting by Auntie April at lunch, no it’s MY turn to sit by her…..you get the idea) and she handled it all with a smile. We love you April and sure hope we get to see you soon!
2 comments:
Love the Barney teasing! Zach loved Barney when he was little. I keep threatening to start playing it for M. The boys say "no way she's watching Barney!"
From home: You missed the highlight of the year - new neighbors!! Yep, brand new cows moved in next door and they have bawled, cried, mooed and screamed for 48 hours straight. We are so happy to have new friends!
Post a Comment