Our kids always act so bizarre when we show up in their classrooms. Like, nutty, over the top, have-to-be-silly kind of behavior. Laurel anxiously showed off her American Girl doll, Cassie, for show and tell. In the process she forgot that Cassie wasn't a contortionist and insisted on putting her in weird positions....arms nearly backwards-
hanging her over her head......really child?
She even used a funny voice to answer questions.........I wanted to shout out 'act normal girl!' But I didn't.....I smiled like it was the most endearing thing ever.
After show and tell they were both invited up so the class could sing Happy Birthday
and then they got to pick a little something out of the birthday bag
We are incredibly blessed that Luke and Laurel have been in a simply amazing class, filled with lots of sweet kids that all get along, which is a rarity for sure. We will be very sad to see the end of this year and the scattering of this class into other classrooms next year. Boo-hoo!
The snacks and birthday preparations continue with chocolate chip cookies baked for soccer snack on Saturday, 48 cupcakes to bake for their birthday party on Sunday and some *hopefully* creative room decorations for them to wake up to on their birthday Saturday morning. I told Laurel she needs to stop getting so big.....I miss the days when we could rightfully call them 'the babies'. I feel time tugging on my heartstrings.
2 comments:
Happy birthday Luke and Laurel! I can't believe they are 6 already!
I swear they are the cutest! Happy Birthday!!
Post a Comment