Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Rope, a log, and some child determination

What child hasn't wanted a tree swing at some point in their life?  The thought of swinging from a rope slung over a heavy tree branch certainly does sound inviting.  Our kids have asked for one ever since we moved to our rural setting.  Unfortunately, the big trees on our property are either located too close to fences or driveways or are located in the right place but aren't mature enough to support the weight of kids hanging from its branches.

Does that mean my kids stopped wanting?  Nope.  Or looking for the perfect spot?  Nope.  And because they never lost the desire for that kind of swing, they finally found a good spot...not perfect, but enough to suffice!  With some rope, some 'just right' logs and a whole lot of determination, we now have a tree swing!  We'll see how long it lasts......'Push me higher daddy'....that girl nearly touched the treetops with this push!




Even Spiderman came out for a try on the tree swing.  Funny, he wasn't too comfortable swinging high from someone else's rope!  'Not that high daddy' was his request-

Apparently after I went in, Jacob had a turn too.  He told me I missed my photo op, but I'm sure it won't be the last time he swings on it.  What you can't see very well in these pictures are the two other attempts the kids made....2 other swings are attached to other limbs of the tree!  Good job kiddos!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I love it--Spiderman having a turn. Way cute. :) I've missed you. I'm so behind on my blog reading.