Tuesday, March 15, 2011

On the first day of Spring Break, I took my kids to see......

I took the kids back to school on the first day of their Spring Break.  How great a mom am I?  Actually, to look at these pictures, maybe I scored a thumbs up from the kids.  I even got audible thank you's from each and every one of them. What could be so great about taking them to school?

The empty playground......the swings-

the slides (especially when they were able to fill the bottom with sand and use their feet and rear ends as a way to shovel it off!),
 the permission to run wild without a duty teacher reminding them to slow down, and yes, those are Canada Geese they are chasing after-

Parker running around like a dog on a mission......and smiling about it too!
the monkey bars were also very popular-Gregory and Jacob laughed at themselves when they discovered they couldn't remember how to get up on them after 7 months in 6th grade.....
We even brought along one of their big wheels and boy, was that fun with lots of sidewalks to ride as fast as they could on!
I promised them we'd go back at least one more time before break was over......and that, I am looking forward to!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Great idea. As always, great pics too. I let mine play with manure. And dead animals. And bb guns.

I'm a great mom. HA!