Friday, February 4, 2011

A big first tomorrow!!

Early tomorrow morning..and I do mean early,  6:30 am early, we will be on our way to meet up with scouts from the boy's troop so we can caravan to our destination together.  It's a big first for the boys as they will be learning how to snow ski for the first time!

G, J and E will attend never-ever ski school while Bill and I become reacquainted with the ski mountain.  It has been YEARS since either of us have snow skied and I am praying that water skiing will have helped me a bit.  I clearly remember spending a whole lot of time cursing my skis every time they popped off...after I fell...a whole lot.  I think getting off the ski lift is the worst part about it.  It requires nerves of steel because inevitably, I will fall on my butt the moment I get off and then there will be folks laughing, my husband being one of them!!  He already told me he'll have to do cheek exercises so he'll be able to laugh a lot.  Booger.  Who knows, maybe I'LL be the one laughing?!

G voted to try snowboarding and Aaron helped him get all excited about it.  Aaron is going with us and he is a snowboarder too...very encouraging and realistic.  His pep talk went something like this 'you're gonna be on your butt.  A lot.'  Like I said....encouraging!
I've got the small camera ready to go and hope to capture some really fun times and NO sprains, breaks, terrible falls or ongoing fits of a laughter.  That might be too much to hope for!  I think Sunday we'll be moaning and groaning rather than laughing!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I know how this ends. ;)