Wednesday, November 3, 2010

You'd think I'd be done talking about it already....

Seeing as Christmas and all its decorations has already arrived in stores, you'd think I'd be done talking about Halloween already.  Not quite.  I am under obligation to post about a certain competition that Eric's class won while preparing for the fall festival.

Instead of having the PTA decorate for the festival, all the classrooms create displays that are then judged by some of our local community people, members of the Kiwanis club that help us out periodically during the year.......the competition is still called the 'Scarecrow Competition', but scarecrows really have nothing to do with it these days.

Luke and Laurel's class went for the 'school of fish' display.  Each child got to decorate their own paper fish and then stuff it and help hang it.  It's hard to see in the photo, but Laurel went total Rainbow fish....beads and sequins galore!  And Luke's?  Not a speck of sparkle to be found!
 Eric's class got very creative.  They decided to make their own 'pet shop'.  All the animals were made from mini pumpkins and special shape gourds.  They went to town with their creativity and for that, the class earned bragging rights.  They received first place!  Eric made his mini pumpkin into an angry Siberian hamster.  Can you tell?
OK, now I'm done with Halloween......moving on to something else!  And not Christmas, I can't go there yet.

No comments: