Thursday, October 21, 2010

A messed up blog post, some clues and a surprise!

This past Monday evening I was working on the backyard blog post.  I finally got the photos to load and had finished the writing but ran out of time to insert the pictures and spell check.  If you know me well, you know my typing skills lack accuracy, BIG TIME, and I rely on my spell check.  It's not like I can't spell, I just can't type.  I type the instead of the, because instead of becasue, jsut instead of just, form instead of from...you know, that kind of thing.  So, I left the page open, assuming that if anyone needed the computer they'd just minimize the page and then do their thing.

I got home from my staff meeting and sat down to finish up the post only to find it was ALREADY POSTED.  Typos and all and I was so mad!!!  The pictures were all jammed at the top and there was a million typos to fix.  How the heck long had it been posted I yelled?!  And why oh why did you hit post instead of save, I accused Bill?  As I pulled up blogger and went to edit I saw a weird sentence in the middle of one of the paragraphs but assumed it was just another weird mess up done by yours truly.  I really didn't even read it. Bill was standing over my shoulder as I ranted on and on and asked me what it had said. 'I have no idea!' I said.  He was able to go back and have me read it.  It said 'I need to find a sub for November 8th and 10th'.  Well surprise surprise!!! He planned a big surprise.  And he had hijacked my Face Book page and put up a clue too!!

The clue read 'I can't wait to go to _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ and see _ _ _ _ _ _ _ and _ _ _ _ _ D!'  Over the next day or so he added a few new letters and my FB friends figured out 'friends' and after that came out I figured out Portland.  Last night he told me my next clue was in my cell phone address book.  He had yet to confirm Portland at that point.  I looked through and found phone numbers for our friends that had recently moved to the Portland area and they hadn't updated us with new cell numbers.  That husband of mine can find just about anything on the Internet!  Turns out we'll get to stay with them for a night and our other good friends that we met in NYC a few years ago who also live in Portland, another night!!  SOOO very excited to see them all.

The last part of the clue was giving me issues.  Could not figure out S_ _ _ _ D.  The he added in a Y.  Totally got it, thrilled that he thought to surprise me with this- he got us tickets to go see the 'So You Think You Can Dance' Live tour!!!  Yay!  We love that show and watch every episode. There are 7 dancers from the show plus a bunch of all stars from the show performing and it is going to be so much fun.  My parents are watching the kids, the tickets were purchased with some very OLD airline miles and I got a sub for my class.....let the countdown begin.

I am very blessed with a husband that thinks outside the box every now and again.  He likes to trick and surprise and he thinks such nice things.  True, there may be years in between, but the waiting is worth it!!  Thank you honey-for your love, for your thoughtfulness, for your trickery and for your companionship during each and every SYTYCD season.  This is going to be great fun!

4 comments:

Robin said...

I saw your messed up bog post. It went to my blog reader. I wondered what was up, then sort of figured it out when I saw the Facebook posts. You have a sweet and creative husband! Have fun!!

Unknown said...

That is so adorable of him! I'm sure you guys will have great time :)

Anonymous said...

I think your 'parents' need a substitute, or go with you too!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for you guys to be here! So excited to see you! Let the countdown begin... Janet