Jacob, well, he has this blanket that when he was born, it was fuzzy and yellow and soft. The blanket is about 4 years old in this photo. It's still yellow...and kind of soft!
That blanket is now gray, very thin, and smells weird despite many washings but is still a treasured reminder of days gone by. One of his favorite stuffed animals back in the day was 'moose' ......my kids are so creative, aren't they?
Gregory's most cherished blanket was 'white'. A blanket from my baby days, that after being loved and washed so much, has come to reside in a white net bag so that all the pieces stay together! The other favorite, more hardy blanket, was this one. I'm actually not sure this one ever got named.....I'll have to check with the boss-I think it was named 'soft blanky'
Gregory's most favorite stuffed animal was "Cherrybear'. He won it in an Easter coloring contest at the mall! We found him a matching one a couple of years later and as of today, I do believe Cherrybear sits on his dresser!
That is one thing I have always loved about our boys.....they aren't afraid to have a soft side. There are times when I have tried to weed out stuffed animals, because trust me, we have PLENTY around here, but the endeavour is always met with 'please mom, don't get rid of those, we want to keep them!'. So, who am I to toss out childhood love? I'll have to look for pics of Eric and his Blue, Luke and his Green and Laurel with her Pink. Like I said...creative names aren't they?!!!
2 comments:
Ahhh! Don't you love those sweet boys!??! Luke's blanket is named "Bunny". When we was little and was so tired he would ask for "bun and a bah (binkie)". And again- have I reminded you how HANDSOME your boys are?!?!
I'm with Anne--super handsome.
I think the names are brilliant in their simplicity.
Post a Comment