We call it 'cowabunga rock'. It's jumping off a huge rock in the lake that is now named Cowabunga rock!!. It sticks up out of the water about 10 feet high. That would be where some fear came into play. But we all jumped. MANY TIMES!!! We got so many fantastic pictures that there is no way I can share them all. I'd use up all my allocated space here on blogger if I did! I will say that over the course of 2 days at the lake, we have taken 300 pictures. That sports setting is niiiiiice!
So after making our way north this morning, Bill....and children, as there are a few laying claim to the 'find'.......found this awesome rock for the kids to jump off of. Of course we made sure it was deep enough for the jumps. The water below was about 12-14 feet deep.
And off they went. No fear for G, J, C, B and mister Luke. They climbed up to the top and jumped right off!! Luke totally shocked me, what a little daredevil he was! Eric needed a little time to warm up to the idea as did Laurel. Here's dad telling him where he should jump.
And I almost got away with just being the designated photographer, but Bill said 'we can't leave until Mom does it'. And so, up the rock went the biggest baby.....me! They sure had to sweet talk me into it.
Here I am seeing just how high up I was.....oh no, I'm not gonna be jumping, no sirreebob.
It was nerve wracking for me because I really don't like heights. Really. How could I say no to such sweet children? OK, actually, they were threatening to push me off if I didn't jump, so off I went. But I made my 5 year old go first. And 2 of the 11 year olds.
Whew! That was scary. But kinda fun. So fun I had to go again! Laurel said she'd go if I 'catched her'. I did, kinda. When she came up, she bobbed bottom up first.....it was so funny we were all laughing!
We then tried some group jumps........
We all had such a fantastically fun time that we went back for more in the afternoon. Hence, the game that helped us come up with our rock name. Everyone came up with phrases to yell as they jumped off the rock. A few of the ones we liked......
COWABUNGA!!! (me)
Krispy Kreme Donuts (leave it to Eric to come up with that one!)
NoodlesNoodles (Gregory)
Suuuuuperdeeeeduper (Bill, in his very best Barney voice)
Stuuuupendous (Bill, again, in his best Barney voice)
wonkywonky
and then the parental Ego stroking began......
'I love you mommy' (Laurel)
'I love you mommy with all my heart' (Luke, not to be shown up by his sister)
'I love you Cari' (Catalena)
'I love you mom and dad' (all of them)
'I love you Cari and Bill'
G J and C did a group jump with
'it's the'
'best day'
'ever'
I think this rock has a bright future with us!
One more day then we have to come home. Supposed to be great weather-again!!
Thanks mom and dad for this place to lay our weary muscles down at night. This lake business is the best!
1 comment:
LOVE these pictures! Looks like so much fun! Brings back memories of my brother, father, uncles and cousins doing this years and years ago.
Post a Comment