Thursday, August 5, 2010

Back to school girls day out!

Today was a first for me.  I was able to plan the first 'back to school girls day' surprise.  I told Laurel and Catalena that we'd be doing something 'special' together and waited to tell them until the night before.  Although getting a haircut doesn't seem all that exciting to most, Laurel has been asking for MONTHS when she could have Ken cut her hair.  I promised her MONTHS ago that I would take her before school started.  And Catty?  Well, let's just say she loves anything and everything girly, so getting her hair done ranks right up there with nail polish and earrings!
After the 'do's' were done, we headed to the mall for some more fun....and boy, did we ever have fun!  Like fingers drawn to a cell phone to text, we were drawn to the oh-so-girly store Claire's!!!  We laughed so much and took lots of fun pictures-

We've got the lovely neon 80's sunglasses, which apparently are making a comeback-
And then there are the 'flip lense' sunglasses-so multipurpose!
The 'BIG' sunglasses
The big sunglasses with some attitude to boot
Laurel tried some attitude....so cute!
The tourist look?
The happy cowgirls
Giving Cyndi Lauper a run for her money-
Such fun silliness I tell ya......
After we exhausted nearly every combination in the store, we headed to lunch at Johnny Rockets.  Burgers, fries and a shake to share.  A perfect ending to a super morning. 
This new tradition is one I am really going to look forward to.  Maybe even more than the first day of school!  Those boys just don't know what they are missing!!!

2 comments:

Robin said...

Looks like you had a great time! Hopefully I will get to experience something like that soon.

Linda said...

Such a great way to bond with your girls & create great memories =)