How often do we get the chance to experience completely 'organic' snow cones? Well, the way we made them this afternoon? Not often. We get snow at home, but nothing like THIS.
We took the tram up the mountain today
and got to enjoy some early morning, toe freezing, numb feeling finger fun.....thankfully we brought winter coats and gloves from home (there were a few folks up there with sandals on.....HELLO?)
My new most favorite picture.....
On the way back down.....
While on the way back down, Bill had a brilliant, fun idea.....how about bringing up some snow cone supplies later in the afternoon? The kids were all for it and the super nice tram guy told us where to score some snow cone cups for free...water cups they use in the water stations. We headed back up the mountain at 7:30pm. And we made sure to wear our super cool, found em' at the croc outlet for $5, croc boots! Are we making a fashion statement or what?! Please, don't answer that. The boots may look a bit dorky, but our feet were nice and dry!
After some more snow play in warmer conditions-even a few degrees made a great difference-
we pulled out the supplies for our snow cone makin' par-tay!!
We made sure to find snow OFF the beaten path.....no foot prints allowed!
Some children were zany enough to try coke, root beer and strawberry banana Sobe...at the same time...bleck! And while I can say the snow cones we made weren't as tasty as the ones you pay for, making them was a whole lot more fun and memorable!
The light was still pretty amazing....it was about 8pm in these pictures. Super nice tram guy brought the last tram car up and was kind enough to take a group picture for us too. Gregory said 'I wish I had some cash on me, I'd tip him, he was pretty nice'. Can totally tell he's been on a cruise!
We loaded up at 8:30 and headed back down the mountain.
What a fun day!!
Except for our visit to Temple Square when 3 of the kids had major meltdowns. Not pretty. I kinda wanted to leave them there..but that's a whole other post!
2 comments:
You are one fun Mamma!
And also the most good-looking mother-of-five I've ever seen!
What a wonderful memory!
I am so envious of those snow coats...it is in the 90's here lately. Too hot to even step outside with the babies!
Post a Comment