Monday, May 10, 2010

Water, backyard, 25 kids

Put those 3 things together and what do you get?  A tremendously FUN 11th birthday party for Gregory and Jacob.  The simplest of plans and ideas has ended up 2 years in a row now, with very happy, wet, hungry, glad to be around each other, come a little closer so I can nail you with a squirt gun, kiddos!!

The party started at 4pm and the kids came ready to unleash their squirt guns on each other. 
They divided up into teams and took their places amongst the obstacles Bill had set up.  2 pick up trucks, 2 ladders with siding attached and some tents. 
Even Bill had to get in on the action.
And me?  Well, I was lucky enough to be event photographer and since I held the camera, purposely, the whole time, they kinda left me alone!  Although Catalena did chase me to give me a big wet hug, but I escaped at the last second into the house!!! Ha!

We ordered 8 pizzas and when they arrived, thanks to pizza delivery by Papa, they disappeared in about 15 minutes flat.  i kid you not.  3 large cheese, 3 large pepperoni and 3 large cheese pizzas gone in the blink of an eye.  I was lucky enough to snag a few pieces for Bill and myself or we would have been mighty hungry!!  They were gone so fast I didn't even get a picture of them!

After the kids teeth all stopped chattering and they were partially dry, round #2  of water wars started up.  It was much shorter lived than the first round.  Besides, who wants to dry off a second time with a soggy wet towel?!  It was then cake time!  I love this picture.  Such happy kids!!!
had to get a silly one too.....
After 2 rounds of Happy Birthday (one sung in Barney voices, just for Gregory) and 22 candles blown out, the cake disappeared just about as quickly as the pizza. 
Thanks in no small part to a few girls who thought it would be fun to smear frosting on the birthday boys.  The birthday boys did not concur with that little decision.  Gregory told me 'that's it, I'm not inviting them again'!!  Oh honey, just wait, it's going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better!  In the midst of all the fun, one of the boys friends came up and said 'Oh, BTW, so and so thinks you're hot'.  Really?  In 5th grade?  heaven help me.......or help them..... 
Oh boys, you are too good to be true.  Smiley, happy kids that enjoy being with friends and family.  Stay that way, will you?!

No comments: