Made it to the lake and thanks to a nice, smart neighbor, wireless is available. But it was kinda nice knowing internet access was unavailable before...one less distraction I suppose.....
The lake is up nearly 6 feet from the lowest point last year and wow, we sure could see the difference!! What were once hazards to avoid last summer, like half submerged boulders or areas of land sticking up, are now fully covered, but new hazards abound! Keeps us on our toes and on vigilant watch. Thank goodness for the depth finder........
Got lunches made, everyone sun screened, waited in a line to have the boat inspected, got through just fine and then I remembered that I forgot to load the towels. Hmmmm, that's kind of a problem! The kids didn't mind and there were no complaints (the high was about 90) but it sure kept me from willingly jumping in. We stopped in one of our favorite coves for lunch. The rocks that they sat in last year and jumped off of were now nearly covered with water....so they found a new rock to warm up on.
Catalena could not WAIT to get in the tube for a ride. The girl has no fear! Notice all the campers on the shoreline behind her? Yep, it's very busy this weekend....
And Parker, well he was the first one ready to ROLL in the muddy dirt.......
After we all made it back in to shore, we went over to our friends house to have dinner together. They have 2 girls and they brought 4 of their friends. So, while we are typically overwhelmed with boys, this time around the girls are on top!! Eric and Luke didn't seem to mind, but we sure are missing the boys. Kind of weird here without them!
G and J will board the cruise ship tomorrow morning. They are so excited for it. We are excited for them too, but a bit envious also! I miss them more than I thought I would. Not that I wasn't going to miss them, but I miss them more than I anticipated. Luke and Eric are doing their darnedest to bicker so I don't feel like too much is missing! We'll be up and out again tomorrow with some friends hopefully joining us from home.
1 comment:
Such memories! Tell Parker Hank thinks he knows how to have fun!
We went to Elephant Butte for the first time. We got to experience the whole campers everywhere thing! Crazy. The sand drove us insane!
Post a Comment