Thursday, May 6, 2010

It's a shoe themed birthday

As noted before with previous birthdays, Bill and I usually decorate the birthday child's room or door in some fashion.  Well, being fresh out of energy and fresh ideas, Bill came up with an idea.  He said 'let's take all our shoes and put them all over the floor in their room'. (Gregory spent the night in Jacob's room, knowing decorating would be easier with just one room) Sounded good and creative to me.  We are forever telling them to pick up their shoes.  Now we can tell them to pick up our shoes!
Then we decided to decorate their faces with some birthday messages.....

They got a giggle out of it this morning!! Unfortunately Bill was unable to be home for breakfast so the boys opened some gifts without him.....darn 6:30 am schedule.  Today was 'wear your favorite team jersey to school day', hence the soccer jerseys!

Their gifts went right on along with the shoe theme.....


Never in a million years would I think my boys would be so into shoes!  Converse and Nike 6.0's were on the wish lists this year.  Happy boys!!

Later in the afternoon I took birthday treats into each of their classes.  By request, I made cheesecake brownie bars.....both accompanied with some singing and smiles from friends-



I have to say it's a little bittersweet since this is the last year I am openly invited to their class to bring in a birthday treat.  Next year's 6 class schedule would make it impossible, plus I'm sure that will be approaching the 'embarrassed' stage.......I am very thankful that they seemed genuinely happy that I brought goodies in for the class.  I'll take it...every last bit of it!!

My mom is still waiting to find out if she is coming home today.  Gotta love hospitals.....'you get to go home today...maybe....if we actually get the paperwork done...but by then there will probably be something else wrong with you...so never mind, you're staying another night'.  She has 'sticky lungs' and may come home on oxygen.  Either way, we can't wait for her to be home and be able to enjoy some peace and quiet.....if she can ignore the crazy kids I guess!

More birthday fun this weekend with the boys' squirt gun water play birthday party!!  And can I just say I am SO tired! The emotional back and forth of the week has finally hit I think.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Happy birthday boys!!!

The Wades said...

You make me crazy with all your fun ideas. Do you know what that does to my self esteem as a mother? It's a darn good thing my children do not read your blog. They might find out how fun other children have it. Don't be slipping around them, I beg you.

Too fun. Happy Birthday again, Barry Boys!

Hurry home, Grandma. (Nana?)