Monday, May 3, 2010

Info on her surgery papers

I was able to stay with my mom in the pre-op area.  We just laid next to each other on the bed.  Looking at each other, talking every once in a while.  Can't remember the last time I snuggled with my mom and I'm sorry this mess is the reason for it.  It felt good to be so close to her.

The paperwork gal came around and had her sign all the consents and waivers and I got a good look at what was on the 'list' for the surgery.  A lot.  And very telling, at least in my opinion.  Laparotemy, probable tumor debulking and probable bowel resection.  That to me says a lot.  The thought that the tumor is adhered to the colon, intestines or something else that will require him to cut a section of the intestines out and put it back together again.  My hopes are....well, I don't know.

The nurse said she'd call in another hour and the section they sent to pathology will have yielded some answers by then.

No comments: