Thursday, May 27, 2010

Do you need a shave? 5th graders do......

If you do need one, well, then, we have got you covered!  And covered very well I might add......
Any ideas why on earth we had so many cans of shaving cream last weekend?  Yeah, that didn't require much thought I know......you're right, we did host a shaving cream fight here.  A 'We made it through elementary school and we're done with 5th grade' shaving cream fight to be exact!! The boys invited some of their friends who showed up looking quite excited and, well, clean-
Then the word was given and the foam throwing, smashing and sculpting began.  It was so fun to watch and be thankful that we weren't the ones getting creamed!
It got in eyes, ears, noses and other odd places, but the kids had so much fun and only a couple minor injuries were reported. 
The afternoon fight ended with them all looking like this-
This is the fun stuff we want our boys to enjoy and remember.  The ability to have friends over for some smashing good fun, especially when so many are branching out to different schools.  There's a good chance that they won't see some of these friends again, which is sad because they are all good kids.  Quirky in their own right, but good kids!  I guess we'll have to start planning the 8th grade shaving cream fight because I fear it will be here in no time.  Time, can you take a break and slow it down a little?!

1 comment:

The Wades said...

I read this post, thought it was the coolest thing ever, and then some how got distracted before commenting! What fun.

When we get our new house, we'll have to do the same. Claire's teacher brought some to class and let them put it all over the tables and play in it. Pretty cute.