Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Soccer, it's all in the tongue?

Does the tongue really help when concentration is required?  According to Eric, it most certainly does!  All of these were from his last soccer game this past Saturday. 


I just love this one.  Human nature at it's best...protect yourself!!!
The end of the soccer season is usually cause to celebrate.  No more harried late afternoon practices, rushed through dinners...if mac n' cheese or anything else quick and easy to fix actually counts as a dinner, no more scrambling for lost soccer gear as the boys are running out the door or filling water bottles at the last minute.

But on the other hand, there are other things that go hand in hand with soccer seasons that I will miss.  Give me a minute, I'm thinking.  Oh, there's one...the excuse to make such lame things as mac n' cheese and frozen pizza, all the while excusing it as a meal, visiting with friends that I sometimes only see for 16 weeks out of a year, sitting down for close to an hour without feeling guilty, all the while finding it nice to be yelling for my kids rather than at them and visiting with friends in between all the cheering.  And I have to say, soccer has given me a few good posts this season as well!

The weekend was a little bittersweet for G and J's team.  There is a good possibility that the team will mot be playing together next season.  Our team is made up of really great boys, ones that are good sportsman, clean mouthed, supportive of one another and good at the sport but will pretty much never be Beckham quality soccer players......or maybe even Beckham wanna be quality players.  We have stayed together this long because our kids like to play and they like their team.  As middle school approaches it is painfully evident that soccer may be moved to the back burner. 
So we enjoyed the day and the game.  They played VERY well!!  I think the best we have seen them play all season.  So so great! 
Even L and L had a fun time playing with other siblings from the team.  I'm going to miss that part too....
Thank you Phanatics for 6 wonderful years together!!  We'll see what the future holds......

2 comments:

Robin said...

I'm tearing up. It's been a great 6 years.

The Wades said...

I could tear up myself and I have nothing to do with them. Kudos to all of you parents for fostering such a positive experience for them. I'm betting you all (parents) are just as civilized as the players.