Our adventures for Spring Break this year took us to Roswell/Carlsbad Caverns, New Mexico. We headed out last Thursday with Gregory, Jacob, Eric, Luke, Laurel, Catalena and Aaron....all in their OWN individual seats. I cannot say enough about how great THAT was. Gas mileage-not pretty. Not having to listen to complaint after complaint about someone touching someone else? Priceless!!!
Unless you've been living under a rock, are under the age of 25, or pay no attention to weird historical events-you probably have heard about 'The Roswell Incident'. You know, back in 1947 when a UFO supposedly crash landed near Roswell and the military covered up all evidence? I know, weird, as mentioned before. Well, that is what Roswell is mostly known for. And we, of course, felt the need to visit the UFO museum. Word of advice. Skip it.
SKIP. IT.
Don't even bother driving by. Oh my gosh, that was a waste of $18. Feet upon feet of wall space covered with articles and newspaper photos and more words. Oh, and did I mention lots of WORDS? This is what waited for us as soon as we walked about 3 feet into the museum.
Now you know why I am telling you to SKIP. IT. Why they even offer a children's rate for entry to the museum is beyond me. If I worked there and someone called to ask how much the charge was for a child, I'd tell them... "Please sir, do not bring your children here. It will be painful. For you. And for them. Save the headache, go to the McDonald's down the street, it's WAY more fun".
Another alien we ran into.....it fit right in with us-

Another alien we ran into.....it fit right in with us-
Since the museum was an obvious bust, we went to the next big draw in Roswell. The space ship themed and shaped McDonald's play land down the street. Mm-hmm. You read that right. It was WAY more exciting than the museum. Despite the fact it was a germ breeding play area. Still more tolerable than the museum......
And even more exciting? They were all able to play legally...even Bill. Although, according to the sign, if you were between the ages of 12 and parenthood, you got screwed out of play time. Yep, ages 0-11 and parents can play, no problem! That left Aaron out of the play time. He survived. He and I watched from below.
We ended the memory making day with some pool time.....more on that later. After 3 nights of sleeping with a whirling dervish...AKA Luke, I am tired!! Bed sweet bed......
*not to completely knock the museum, it might be more interesting to someone visiting without children....and with a desire to read until their eyes bleed. Yeah, then the museum could be fun!
1 comment:
Thanks for the advice. Noted. You surely saved me some pain down the road. For that, I thank you.
Excited to hear about the Caverns. I hope you liked that. We sure did.
Post a Comment