Tomorrow morning we'll head out to Carlsbad Caverns. The big ol' van, towing the trailer, which is filled with stuff for the lake house...mattress.....sleeper sofa...., and the seats filled to near capacity with G, J, E, L, L, C, A, Bill and I. That's a whole lotta kids, but a whole lotta fun kids to vacation with. Most of the time. At least I think so. Oh, yeah, until they get hungry, or thirsty, or bored, or tired, or not bored, or not hungry. Hmmm, it sounded like a good idea....
In all seriousness, we are looking forward to a little road trip, one that's a whole lot shorter than our typical road trip...by a day or so! I haven't been to Carlsbad Caverns since I was a child. Perhaps 8 or 9 years old? And yet I can still remember bits and pieces of seeing the caverns. Neat to think the same might happen for the kids. A fun family trip, retrievable pieces of family memories. But this time around the camera will probably record the good times a bit better than the one my parents used 25 (or more) years ago.
Back to blog land on Sunday. Have a great few days and CHEER REALLY LOUD for the New Mexico Lobos as they play in the NCAA tournament. #3 seed......GO LOBOS!
In all seriousness, we are looking forward to a little road trip, one that's a whole lot shorter than our typical road trip...by a day or so! I haven't been to Carlsbad Caverns since I was a child. Perhaps 8 or 9 years old? And yet I can still remember bits and pieces of seeing the caverns. Neat to think the same might happen for the kids. A fun family trip, retrievable pieces of family memories. But this time around the camera will probably record the good times a bit better than the one my parents used 25 (or more) years ago.
Back to blog land on Sunday. Have a great few days and CHEER REALLY LOUD for the New Mexico Lobos as they play in the NCAA tournament. #3 seed......GO LOBOS!
And Happy Saint Patrick's Day....all 53 minutes that are left of it!
2 comments:
Even Parker wore green. I love it! Have fun!
I hope you have a great time and don't lose anyone down those caves.
Lobos?? I thought they lost the other night??!?! I'm so confused. Maybe it was a tourney before the big show??? Off to investigate.
Post a Comment