Friday, February 26, 2010

Flashback Friday: Dr Harrison...we love that man!

Over the years of bringing our children into the world, we were VERY blessed to have the most amazing, sweet and caring OB in town. He's the kind of doctor that actually came in and let me lean against him as I was getting my epidural in the OR since they wouldn't let Bill in yet. As hesitant as I was to choose a man as my OB, there has never been one second I have regretted that decision. We were so lucky in that he delivered every one of our kids.....well, it's a bit easier to claim that since there was only 3 deliveries.
Sadly, he is retiring. I'm so glad we don't have to navigate a pregnancy without him....we got pretty close with Luke and Laurel's delivery because he was ending his OB deliveries and my due date was just at the cut off. I begged when I called to make my first appointment, telling the receptionist...'I'm having twins, I'll never make it to my due date, I promise!'

He saw me through all the terrible stuff that happened right after they were born, visited me at the hospital I was transferred to....I just love him!! And as much as I HATE those yearly visits to the doctor, seeing him always made it manageable. He is loved by so many, including a couple of my good friends, and we all wish him well. We love you Dr. H! (not like he's going to read this, but I had to give a little shout out anyways). These pics are of Luke and Laurel

1 comment:

The Wades said...

Choke, sob, whimper whimper.

I also adore this man. He truly made every one of us feel like we were his very favorite. I know who actually was, but I don't want to break your heart here on your very own blog. Hee hee.

If anyone thinks a post about an OB is odd, I'm going to back Cari up completely on this one--the man is one in a million!! I mean that. I think because of his awesome bedside manner, I have four kiddos! It's his fault. Imagine my horror when I had to use another OB for the fourth's delivery. It definitely wasn't the same.

Dr. Harrison saw us once at a car dealership. He shouts, "Max, Michelle--how are you?" I knew then that he doesn't just fake knowing us by looking at the chart.

Sweet, precious man--I hope you enjoy your retirement. (Yeah, I know, I'm sure he isn't reading my comment either.) Love, Your Favorite Patient

Cari, thanks for the walk down memory lane. It was a great one this week!!