Monday, January 25, 2010

Warning: Don't try this at home

Oh no, you should leave it to a highly trained professional......like me.

So, the other day Jacob came out to the kitchen and I could tell he was looking for something. Probably because of the moaning and groaning and grumpy look smeared all over his face.

Me: 'What are you looking for Jacob?'

Him: "My Ipod. I left it RIGHT here and now it's not here'

Me: 'Well, that's why I keep telling you to put your stuff away where it belongs'

Him: 'But I left it right here so you must have moved it!'

Me: 'No, I don't remember moving it and if I did I would have put it over THERE, where it belongs. You'll just have to keep looking'

So, he left for school and I continued on my merry way. Doing laundry. I go to put the load from the washer into the dryer and what do you suppose I find hanging out at the bottom of the machine? The dang blasted Ipod. Those Ipod shuffles are so small to begin with.....evidently he had it in his sweatshirt pocket but failed to take the Ipod out before throwing it into the laundry pile. Yup, I could just hear what he'd have to say when he got home.

I hurriedly looked up 'washed my Ipod in the washing machine' on Google and was happy to read there are other irresponsible, absentminded people out there....I mean...... that if it dries out completely it should function just fine. After reading some of the suggestions I decided to put it on a potholder and place it in the warm...NOT HOT.....oven, with the door open. Good......it's all good! I let it dry out for a bit and then took it out. Thank goodness.

Although I took the Ipod out of the oven, I forgot about this item......until later that evening when I was heating the oven for dinner. Sniff.....sniff...geez something smells weird......so I open up the oven and find my potholder smoldering in the 350 degree oven!


Now my potholders aren't the cleanest things in the world-who's are?-but after 'baking' this one it sure looks like it has NEVER seen the inside of a washing machine (I have washed them before, promise). Guess where it is this evening?! SO, learn from my experience. Ipods in the oven=OK. Potholders= NOT OK!

2 comments:

Anne said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! You and me sister! I catch something on fire at least one a week! And by then the smell of the OLD burnt things is finally clearing out! 'can't win!

(Thank goodness about the iPod! Phew! I was sweating there for a sec with you!)

xoxo-A

Robin said...

At least it didn't catch on fire! Does the iPod still work?