Friday, January 22, 2010

Flashback Friday: A yellow cup

The other day this little cup appeared out of nowhere. I have no recollection of it even being an item that was saved from my grandparent's house. But there it was. I had to do a double take! This lone little yellow cup with silver glitter sparkles baked into the plastic...it was mine when I spent the night at their house.
I had to smile when I saw the white ring around the inside of the cup. The years of use, how full the cup used to sit, waiting while I brushed my teeth, still evident.
In my own little bathroom, right off the kitchen, to the right of the step down into the area that used to be a garage but was converted to a bedroom. Where I could look out the back door and see the swing set I played on often during my weekend visits. This was taken when I was almost 4 years old.
There are times that I really wish my grandparents, especially my grandma, could have lived long enough to see our terrific family, meet our kids. She would have been so proud-you see she had a set of twins too and I know she would have been tickled pink by our two sets. And fair haired, freckly faced Eric would have held a special place in her heart. She was red haired and freckly faced too!
Miss you Grandma!

2 comments:

Anne said...

Ah! Love it! And how cute are you?! I know it sounds crazy, but I always feel like when things or even photographs like that pop up randomly, it is their sweet way of saying "hi" from heaven. xoxo

The Wades said...

Tears here. What a great post, Cari. You were as adorable as can be! I see where Laurel gets it. And that cup--what a treasure.