Friday, January 15, 2010

Flashback Friday: All about the scout circa 1983

Since the boys will be participating in a Cub Scouting event this Saturday, the Pinewood Derby, I tought I'd dig up a picture of me in my scouting uniform. My brown Brownie uniform. Tell me the uniforms for Girls Scouts these days aren't so drab.....please!
Back in the day, we actually wore our uniforms to school and met in the school cafeteria right after school. And my mom was the troop leader. Talk about not being able to mess around! It'll be interesting to see if Laurel wants to do Girl Scouting. I think it has changed quite a bit from when I was in it WAY back when......

3 comments:

Robin said...

I was a brownie and then a junior girl scout and had a uniform just like that. I loved when I got to wear it to school.

And...my dad married my girl scout leader after my mom died. We had started girl scouts before she died, so they actually met. Weird.

The Wades said...

So cute! I'm sure glad there are girl scouts around for my cookie eating pleasure.

Anne said...

Girl! I would pay a million dollars for O to get to wear the full get-up! I wore my whole uniform to school too and we walked (gasp!) to our leader's house afterwards!

Now all they wear is a blah vest and play tag in the church cafeteria. Disappointment. (I'm thinking of signing up to be a leader next year- show these girls how its done!) :0P