It's a yearly tradition, despite how painful it can be. My parents take the kids to see Santa. They stand in line, they encourage the shy, they even bribe. Better them than me. I'd take one look at the line and say 'OK kids...see Santa way over there?', they'd nod yes and I'd say 'OK, now let's go, you've seen him'.
My parents tried about 2 weeks ago to take the kids to the mall. They had been gone about 25 minutes when I get the call. 'We've been in line for 15 minutes and we have moved approximately 2 people. The line is wrapped around the whole place....do you think we should stay?'. No mom, leave...leave now!
So, the solution to this year's line avoiding Santa visit? Our friends Max and Michelle, who ran the awesome pumpkin stand in October, have a Christmas tree stand that is just as awesome as that pumpkin stand, and guess who stopped by? Santa, baby.......no lines, no rush of screaming kids, no astronomically priced photo ops.
No, it was just this-fun! We sent my parents with our camera in hopes of capturing some fun moments. I think they did. Like some bean bag tossing and steer riding....
And then time came to talk to Santa. Laurel asked for Barbie clothes-
Luke asked for a Spiderman bike (WHAT?)
Eric asked for, well, I'm not sure what he asked for...he still hasn't told us. He doesn't look like he's too sure what to ask for either!
And the older boys who know all about Santa's magic, well, they willingly went along and sat down and put up a good show. 'So, how've you been? I really don't have much to say so let's just smile and look like we're having an engaging conversation!'
Luke and Laurel ended the trip with a few minutes of play in the ever so cute gingerbread house Max and Michelle had designed for the tree lot. They have some really great ideas and a lot of creative friends who help them out! This house was so fun!
So with that, we now get to see what Santa actually brings on Christmas Eve. I think some of the requests caught he and Mrs.Clause by surprise. Sigh.
And Max and Michelle, even though we didn't get our tree at your tree lot...remember we go for Charlie Brown.....we love you guys and here's a hug coming your way for the oh-so-pleasant- Santa experience! Please pass that along to Mr. Clause for us!
1 comment:
Glad they had fun. I was sorry I missed them. Come back and see us next year. We're even considering carrying a few Charlies.
Post a Comment