Well, that title really has nothing to do with this post, other than baking. No where does the number 13 come into play. But it sounded good.....
Yesterday we made cookies-all of the kids, plus me, plus Aaron who is 15 (and was the BEST helper ever)! I made the dough the day before and promised the kids we'd make/decorate the cookies the next day. I'm always so filled with hope that we'll have a good, relaxing time while baking. I tell myself 'you can do this, just be patient'. Hah-easier said than done. As I've mentioned before, sharing space in the kitchen is not something I am good at.
However, everyone had the chance to choose some shapes, cut out the dough and help Aaron put the cookies on the baking sheets. I think Aaron has more patience for my kids than I do. How is that possible...he's a freshman in high school. The operative word being 'HE'!! We are so lucky he likes to hang out with our crazy bunch.
As the cookies cooked I made a couple batches of frosting and tinted it a variety of colors. Have at it guys....and don't lick the knife Luke.....words that fell upon deaf ears.
What a bunch of great decorators!
And the finished products....quickly to be devoured by us, if we don't give them away quickly!!
We survived, the kitchen is back to it's normal condition and I think I might be able to do it again...next year!
2 comments:
We did Christmas cookies this morning!
YUM YUM YUM! There is nothing better than traditional sugar cookies and that nothing-but-milk-and-powered-sugar icing!!!!!!!
Post a Comment