Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Piano 102

So many things to post about, to make mention of, to jot down, to put in the memory bank. Just one problem-
NOT.
ENOUGH.
TIME.
I feel like I need to sing Cher's song....'If I could turn back time.....if I could find a way'. And that's about all I know from that song. Anyhow, moving right along-about a week ago the boys held their second piano recital. Now I'm not talking big stage, lots of people...more like Nana's living room, us, GG, Catalena, G and G Barry and another friend of my parents and of course, my parents!

My mom has been teaching them piano for about a year now and they have each made great progress in their own ways. She picked pieces for them to play that highlighted the skills they each have been progressing through. They each announced their music and sat down and played so well!

Two hands, pedal work, counter melodies....we are so proud of them for sticking with it and making such great progress!! I have some short videos of them playing but I had to use a different camera, different media card, different thingamajig needed to download and realistically....I'm not movin' from this spot right now. It'll have to wait.After music and dessert, Laurel and GG decided it was time to dance.....Thank you mom for teaching the kids piano....they'll be a step ahead should they choose to get involved in music once they get to middle school!

2 comments:

Robin said...

I going to have to ask them to play for me when they are over here! We've slacked off piano and music over the summer. But we'll be hitting it again next week.

Karen said...

What a great lesson to teach the boys. There is nothing more impressive in adult life than when someone can really play a musical instrument. Blows my mind! Good for them!

I am so sorry I haven't been visiting blogs lately. I find myself napping more during down time these days...just worn out!

Think about you often...so glad to read that your summer was awesome and full of fun!

Talk soon - Karen