Friday, June 5, 2009

This blog has been interrupted

There aren't many things that divert my attention away from wanting to post. However, this arrived yesterday and it definitely gets my attention first.....

I started the series about a month ago and have really enjoyed it! I really can't remember the last time I took the time to read a book/series....a book consisting of more than 20 pages and geared specifically towards adults!! Actually, I guess Harry Potter might fit that category and I read each one to the boys. I'm glad the 4th one has arrived for 2 reasons.

1-obviously I can't wait to see how the last book wraps it all up.

2-My kids and husband have suffered in my absence......actually the kids are glad I like the books...Bill is annoyed that once I get into a book I bury my nose in it and come up only for air!!

All too soon it'll be over. Maybe I'll have to read the first one again........

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I started this series when we were in Arizona for spring break. I couldn't put them down. I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning, reading until I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. Then the next day I'd get up and start reading again. I made it through the first two, and was onto the 3rd when we left for home. I haven't touched them since! Guess that goes to show how little "free" time I have at home! School's almost out and I'm hopeful I can once again spend my days with my nose buried in a book!

Hugs, Janet

Robin said...

You can have the first one back in another day of two. I can't put it down!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

i still haven't even looked at this series. i just don't see the appeal. is that weird?

Autumn said...

I became seriously obsessed with the Twilight series right after Christmas reading all four books in under a month. Luckily Brian was traveling a lot at that time and didn't have to resort to hiding my books from me (he has the same complaint as Bill). I was super sad when I finished the last one, and I actually did sort of skim/read it again when I first started bedrest. I don't know what it is about that series, but I loved it too. Enjoy book 4!!!

kam said...

Cari,
Getting a comment on my blog from you is one of the highlights of my day! I love it! thank you so much for all the love you show me and all the encouragement you give! YOU ARE GREAT!! Happy June! Kamee

The Wades said...

I read the first one a couple months ago but have been too busy to partake in the 2nd. Weird, huh?

Hope you enjoyed!