Wednesday, June 24, 2009

That took longer than expected!

So, after throwing ourselves whole heartedly into all that Branson has to offer....inspite of the horrid heat and humidity.......the past few nights I have intended to come to the clubhouse to post. But. It didn't happen. Until tonight. I know, all 4 of you are beside yourselves!


Planning things to do between 3 families (ours, my in laws and my brother in law) is a hard thing to do. Especially when we thrive on different interests and schedules. However, the cousins have enjoyed seeing each other and our family has enjoyed the ability to get up and put nothing on other than a bathing suit and rash guard for the day! All of our water loving children have found excitement and a respite from the heat at the water park here. And all the food we are eating is being sweat off daily. Seriously. I do not sweat. Bill is not a sweaty kind of guy either. You would have thought differently had you seen us yesterday. Wringing wet.

Nice.


Don't ask me if I smelled bad. I don't want to know if I did.

Since I am days behind already I figure I'll just go back to the beginning of the week and draw this experience out for a few weeks. We spent Father's Day at the water park. Lots of slides. CRAZY slides. Like this one. You wouldn't catch me dead up there...no way. I'll do the loopy rollercoasters (pictures coming soon to a blog near you) but NOT scary high water slides. Gregory liked it though.....

And so did Jacob, but he forgot to cross his ankles. Ouch. Bill, he loves these kind of things. You wouldn't catch him dead on a loopy rollercoaster though! See, we belong together for sure!
Luke, Laurel, Eric and I handled the wave pool with ease.
Our first official family dinner was a great one! Steaks, potatoes, hot dogs, fruit, ice cream.....oh yeah, and the company too! This is Bill, his brother Nate and their dad.....

My sister in law Mary. How fitting....Cari Barry and Mary Barry....both mothers of twins. Yup, my in laws have 7 grandchildren, 6 of which are boys and TWINS!

And once again, as is so familiar in her life, a girl amongst boys!

To my terrific husband who is a hands on, ever present father in our kids lives......I sure do love you. You are amazing at all you juggle!
One funny before I forget. As we were driving down the road towards Silver Dollar City yesterday, passing bill board after bill board, Luke exclaims 'Look mama, pop-tarts with eyes!' Surely he's kidding right? Well, he interpreted a sign with 2 chinese dragons on them (imagine the sqaure boxy face of the ones they wear and dance around with), who indeed did have eyes and looked oddly enough like poptarts, as, well, pop tarts! It was just so in the moment and funny. We all had a great laugh at that one! Thanks Lukee...
Silver Dollar city, roller coasters and dripping wet clothing......coming up next!

3 comments:

The Wades said...

I think you both are pretty darn amazing! The trips you take always kill me. Very impressive stuff.

I'm so confused with the math on the grandchildren. You'll have to explain it to me. I get that four are twins and boys, but Eric is not and I don't know of another. Ahhh. And you have the nerve to be out of town and not accessible to solve my mind bender.

Your family pics are always so great. The Father's Day one made me smile. Your kids are going to look back and marvel at all you did with and for them!! Love ya

Robin said...

I'm one of those 4 readers who's been waiting for your Branson posts! I'm with you on the rides - give me scary roller coasters any day over falling straight down into a puddle of water. Can't wait to see the SDC pics!

Jennifer Vasquez said...

Great Pics! I know Mark would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be sliding down that slide one day...not sure about me...Sophia would I am sure. Looks like fun, hope yall are enjoying your vacation! Take care - Jen