We have chickens. 21 to be exact. 7 of them are old ladies, at least in terms of chicken years. They are about 5 years old. This spring we got 14 new baby chicks. I'll have to post pictures of them later...they were so cute as 2 day old fluff balls.
Anyhow, tonight Bill was rototilling their yard so we moved them into the big girls' yard. They weren't so thrilled about the change of scenery. I think it freaked them out a little.....as much as a chicken can get freaked out I suppose.....I went into the coup to see them and as soon as I got even close to the sitting position, this happened-the chick on the right is Beaky.....if you look closely, you'll see her beak is crooked, it doesn't close correctly. She seems to hold her own but is one of the smallest chickens, yet one of the sweetest. Yes. I did say 'sweetest' about a chicken...
And Gregory was determined to cut my head off in the pictures too!
4 comments:
that is so neat that you raise chickens, i had no idea! thoughts for names...my husband came up with francois labeak, foghorn leghorn + colonel sanders. me? not so clever. i came up with barry. don't you think barry barry has a nice ring to it? haha.
So funny seeing you hug a chicken!
how about dinner?
r
Pretty fowl!
I always knew you were a little off your coop.
Bring on the baby chicks!!
Post a Comment